The vision of Warwick Baptist Church family is to be a people:
Empowered by God; Impacting Our Community…
by Growing, Building and Sharing together.
The Vision Explained
At the heart of the vision is the CROSS.
The Gospel (The death and resurrection of Jesus) needs to be the very central focus of all we are, and all we do. In 1 Cor 1:18 – 2:5. The Apostle Paul outlines the heart of the message he brought to the Corinthian Church. In 1 Cor 2:2 he states: “For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.”
The TRIANGLE represents the balance we must maintain in the life of the church.
At the POINTS of the triangle are the three focus points we hold – GOD, OURSELVES and
Linking these focus points, along the three sides of the triangle, are the three key commands Jesus gave the church:
1. THE GREAT COMMANDMENT – “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind” – Matt 22:36. This applies to the relationship
between OURSELVES and GOD.
2. THE GREAT COMMISSION – “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them… and teaching them to obey” – Matt 28:19-20. This applies to the relationship between GOD and OTHERS through our evangelistic activity.
3. THE NEW COMMANDMENT – “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another” – Jn 13:34. This applies to the relationship between OURSELVES and OTHERS.
These form the great imperatives we have as a church
The ANGLES represent our activity and goals relating to the points and sides:
1. To GROW in our relationship with GOD – Ps 1:1-3 “Blessed is the man… [whose] delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.”
2. To BUILD our relationships with OURSELVES, strengthening the church for Ministry – Eph 4:11-13 “ It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.”
3. To SHARE God’s love with OTHERS in appropriate ways – Col 4:5-6 “Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.”
Get In Touch With Us Today
Should you require further explanation contact us and let us know what is confusing. We would count it a privilege to assist.
07 4461 7655
Warwick Baptist Church , Corner Guy & Percy St. Warwick OLD 4370 Australia